Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ikei Island



Ahhh this place is so amazingly beautiful...2 years we came to this beach for the 4th of July, to celebrate and swim. Well this time we went a little farther down from the tourist part of the beach, and went to a strictly locals spot. It was really close to the Big Time Resort (which we stopped by last time for pictures), and had some surf out like a mile.


This little coral rock close to the water was crawling with sea anemones, sea urchines, sharp coral, and sweet huge crabs. I was unlucky and lucky, getting to experience both the sharp coral, which gave me a nice cut on my arm, and the sweet crab. I had made a bamboo stick i found close to the water that i sharpened up, and stabbed me a nice crab. Dont worry i didnt do it just to kill it, but it half dead already and its front pincher claws were ripped off before i got to it. I felt like Survivor, straight up! I dont need to watch the show mom, im livin it!