Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bonfire Teaching

I like this picture alot....it reminds me of the ten virgins that had there oil lamps ready in the book of Matthew.....its awesome because Pastor Tom is ready, is lamp already lit too! And then he pointing out thinking...."Is that the Lord coming??? No wait is that the Lord?" haha well we had some fun just posing in front of the bonfire at night!


I was blessed this night to teach my message on "A committed life to Christ", focusing on the life of Timothy in Acts 16:1-5. It was pretty awesome....but i was soooo nervous, probably the most nervous I have been in a long time, but as soon as I started to teach, I felt calmed by the Spirit of God, and just shared what was on my heart for the kids. It was cool to teach with that torch going right next to me....and at the end, I had an illustration where the light that was there was our salvation, and that it is still bright and awesome, that is all we really and truly need. But then i whipped out the lighter fluid and dowsed the torch from the bottom up, and the whole stick caught on fire, showing that how much more we can be a light for Jesus to the world if our life is completely and utterly committed to Jesus Christ. You guys out there reading this....Jesus desires you to commit your life to Him, and He will make it better than you ever could. Jesus loves you and desires to use YOU!

This is a picture of the kids while they were worshiping. This is right in the middle of the song "Waves of Mercy" and you can see a couple of them doing the moves to the part in the song where it goes "How can it be!!!" and then move there hands and do a little jig...it was fun having the kids do this song most of the week, they really came to like the song and get into it!
Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the way u used the torch in your teaching. AWESOME! I bet it blessed more than just the kids! ROCK ON, Daniel. Love you, Mom XO