Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Urasoe Matsuri

Well it is summer in Okinawa.....and with summer comes 祭りor matsuri, big festivals that they put on in each city, or just big cities.....but they are sweet....there is so much culture and so many people.....it is a great time for everyone. I was just sitting down eating some food from this food stand
(some "takoyaki" which is octopus in balls of dough, and also "yakisoba" which is just fried noodles.....mmmmm) in a big open field....with thousands of Okinawan people, and thinking how blessed I am to be here. I was completely surrounded by tens of thousands of people that are unreached by the Gospel of Jesus.....they need Him so much!

I was really upset at myself that I didnt take more pictures....sorry.....hopefully I might go to another matsuri, and I get some more pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I miss Takoyaki!!!!!!!! -Jaim