Friday, August 8, 2008

Aniya Baseball Practice....

As of late.....Mr. Rob Wunderlich got out of his semi-pro contract with a team called Samurai in Naha city, and signed with Aniya, which is another semi-pro team in Okinawa.....I have been messing around with Rob for close to a year, on and off, catching him as he need pitching practice....we would jsut through it in the street by Tom's house....but he trains in this underground building that has like a bullpen and batting practice area.....well I went with him and caught for him in front of another pitcher and his coach....it was fun....

I haven't suited up for baseball in like 7 years....it was a blessing....they had some gear and stuff, but what stunk was that it was boy's gear, and it was way too small.....man it was humid and hot in there too! Here are all the video's that we took for last night's practice....mostly we took them for fame and glory....no just kidding.....Rob needed them to watch his form and stuff, get better....stroke his pride....nahh just kidding....lol love you robbie....

This was me in my greasified condition......im telling you it was hot.....whoooooo.....

I caught off of a Japanese dude too, probably like 30 pitches....i think his name was Jin...not sure though.....what stunk really bad, is that he was only 50ft. away from me, when the normal pitching range is 60ft.....he was so close, it felt like it was coming 90mph.....but it was just because I was too close....i caught it bad once....felt like i broke my thumb....but it was fine....just a little sore today.....

Well then Robby came up and started to pitch....we moved the home plate about 10ft back...then we started.....Rob pitches pretty fast ya'll.....he was bringing it....watch and you'll see....i felt a lot more comfortable with Rob pitching....again I have been catching for him now for some time....it was a great practice....

1 comment:

George Sedota said...

Are the scouting for a catcher too?!?!?!