Wednesday, April 1, 2009

(INTER)National Purple Day!

I got a great email from the Barrera Family that used to attend at CC Living Water in my hometown...it was about this new national day that they are supporting...National Purple Day...Well Purple Day started in Canada to help support Epileptics and to have a day to remember their fighting spirit and show them we care so much for them.

Well in the Barrera family is one of their sons that I used to help watch over in the Children's ministry at CCLiving Water, and his name is Gabriel (aka FRIEND...lol miss that lil guy) and he also has epislepsy....so the way that they wanted me to help them is by taking a picture wearing purple and sending it to them, so that Gabriel can look at the people praying for him....

Well I told Sosi, and so he borrowed my shirt cuz he had no purple....and then we were at church....and since Sally (above Sosi) already had a purple jacket on, we decided to include them in the picture...even though I had to lend my jacket to Lucy (above me)....anyways....this is for you Gabriel! Love you friend...

Remember to keep him in prayer....and check out the Barrera Family Website....
http://totaljesusgirl-lifeontherock.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

totaljesusgirl said...

You are a great friend to Gabe and I know that you have for years made a decision to know him and learn more about him and to love and support him....he is lucky to have you for a friend! I remember the report you did on him for school and think how much progress he has made since then! We are so very proud of you and your obedience to love and serve a Mighty God! We are praying for you and look forward to all the great things God does in your life in Japan and Italy and then prayerfully Virginia (ok...so the lastone wishful thinking;) Thanks for your support!

ourjoyfulljourney said...

Daniel, thanks for supporting and loving Gabriel and his whole family! It's so cool to see that Gabriel is loved and prayed for all around the world!

Anonymous said...

wow Sally & Lucy look soooooo cute&pretty!!!!