Monday, August 16, 2010

Playing pool with Nayeon's Dad....

I went over to Nayeon's house for dinner one night, and after dinner, her dad asked if I wanted to play Korean pool with him....now I've been to pool table rooms in Korea and they are pretty fun, but Koreans mostly play a game with 4 balls, not with pockets. We'll just call it "4 ball"...in this game you have to hit your (like you are the white ball) into the two red balls in the same shot, without hitting the yellow ball. It is really difficult, because it takes a lot of different spins and angles...I stink...but I'm OK because her dad wasnt that good either! ^^
He still beat me, but it was fun because we got to do something together for once...when we were walking together to the pool room, he was asking me questions about my future, my aspirations, things like that....he just wanted to get to know me better, which I thought was cool. Nayeon was telling me this is her dad's way of showing me he likes me, because he is a pretty tough guy normally...
got a small video of me stinking at this game...we'll probably never play again, because I am not good...but I hope I get to play some pocket pool with him, because then I might have a chance. He and I are both really competitive, so it would be interesting...

It is great that God is giving me more and more favor with Nayeon's parents. Continue to pray for her family, that we can be a good witness of Jesus Christ. They need Him just like everyone else does.

No comments: