Friday, February 27, 2009

Meet Joseph...

Sorry....couldnt find this guy to take a picture with him....but this is Joseph...he has been coming to the Jinsoo Bible Studies and to the church every service, but about a week ago after M.E.L.T., he accepted the Lord!



What happened is that he wanted to talk to me after MELT, as we were walking to McDonalds for an ice cream (of course huh?)...well he asked me how i played guitar so well...I told him that it was a gift from God. He asked how I got the gift, and I told him I asked for it, and when God gives gifts, they are good gifts, just like salvation. He wanted to know more, and he wanted to hear "my story" or testimony...so we talked for about 30 minutes....and I shared with him the Gospel, and at the end, I opened it up for him to ask God into his life....(this is the funny part)He said that he thought it was a bad place to talk to God...we were sitting, talking, eating at McDonalds around a bunch of people at lunch hour....lol

I told him that God is everywhere, and He can hear and answer prayers anywhere...He was kind of shocked...lol But I asked him more questions, and eventually asked him again, and he said "I'm not worried about the people around me, I want to pray to God"....sweet huh? God is faithful! He uses foolish people like me to share about Him, and He used McDonalds to be the place where Joseph accepted Him, not some super huge church with the lights dimmed and the candles lit, no pastor or confession box....just a line of people ready for a Big Mac and a couple friends chowing on some fries and ice cream....lol

Well pray for this dude....he is the same age as me, kinda cool...I will soon be teaching a Bible study on Saturday, focusing on foundations and new believers...pray that God would disciple this guy, and the rest that God will bless and add to His church! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!!!! that is cool.