Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gardening...

Well the since I got home, my parents both had to go back to work...so I have been taking care of the gardening in the back yard. We have lots of things growing. But as I have been doing them, it has been reminding me of a lesson that I learned from Pastor Tommy in Okinawa.

My mom has been watering these plants for months, faithfully too, but those tomatoes are still on there as green as can be...she was sad a little bit, knowing that she couldn't take care of them anymore, watching them grow. Sometimes people, in ministry, are only called to plant the seeds in people, some to water and help bring nourishment to a new believer, but maybe not take part in the harvest of fruit, ripe and ready to be a blessing as they serve others.

I am blessed, despite the fact that I don't see all the fruit from the missions fields I have been too, but know that others are enjoying the fruit of their labor, and that I am a partaker also of that work. Church, don't get discouraged if you dont see the fruit of your ministry right now. It's OK. God's Word will not return void, He will do that work. ^^

Hanging tomato plant...
These flowers are really beautiful...like 허니
Jasmin plant

my favorites....fig tree (left), big tomatoes (middle), and jalapenos (right)...especially the figs....mmm....so tasty...but they dont produce very big ones...i wish they did...

Raking in the harvest...praise God...

1 comment:

Zach Ruiz said...

Did that Korean you write your girl's name?? huuuuuu