Monday, August 10, 2009

Vacation to Cardinal Village...

Well my parents got one week off of work, so that we could go on a vacation up to the mountains. My dad drove most of the way....about 5 hours to Cardinal Village...really far but very much worth it.

Me and momma....

These are the Eastern Sierra's....the biggest mountain in California is in these set of mountain ranges....Mount Whittney...and we are headed to Bishop, where there is a little town that has cabins to stay at for fishermen and hikers...really nice mountain view huh?!

The front of Cardinal Village where we stayed...
ahhhh.......dont I look relaxed....It is good to get away "from it all"....take it easy and rest....Thank you God for this time...
This is the little pond in the Cardinal Village camp....no fish but really nice looking....lol
I like this picture...simple....just relaxing...worshiping the Lord's creation...

Lake Sabrina...really nice....the water level is so high right now, because of all the snow that melted and all the rain that it has been getting lately. Really nice...

When we went to this lake, Lake Sabrina, we caught our limit of fish in just about 2 hours....so awesome, we took a boat out and went to our "famous secret spot", and we each caught 5 fish and went back to our cabin. So much fun...I wish fishing was this much fun all the time...^^

There are just beautiful little creeks that come from the lakes and run down the hill everywhere....love them they look so cool...and they are going really fast right now because the lakes have so much water right now...

These were the 3 biggest fish that we caught at Lake Sabrina, and we ate them that night....mmm.....my mom is such a great cook...
I feel like a real fisherman with these waders on! lol love the beautiful scenery behind me...funny...we found these waders in our garage before we left, so I wanted to test them out...^^
I was standing right here in the brown part of the lake....it was cold even though I had the rubber waders on....the right shoe was leaking a little bit....and thats why my feet were so cold...^^ fun though...
When we were fishing at North Lake, we were having fun playing with the squirrels....they were hungry and we were giving them crackers and nuts....funny video....^^

A picture in front of South Lake....I think i like the mountains the best here...


We all had such a great time....thank you Jesus for the abundance of fish you gave us! We ended up catching 19 fish in 2 days of fishing....really fun time!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Man, isn't it such a blessing to be home with family? I've enjoyed my trip to the States, but I'm looking forward to get back home in China! hahah

You're in my prayers, bro!

Lildota said...

uh, i see you failed to mention that MOM caught the most AND the biggest fish! Guess the perfume I wore WAS a good thing, huh? And you guys laughed at me. tee hee