Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some cool friends at church!

After the batting cages, I headed back over to the cafe we always go, Holy Cross, for some lore fellowship.

I was sitting next to Alex here, and I thought I'd get to know him more...he has a ShOcKiNg personality, he just LiGhTs UP everytime you talk to him, he's just so full of EnErGy! lol you are probably thinking what's wrong with my brain right now...I found out Alex is an electrician! lol

I've had time to think of some good jokes because my brother-in-law is also an electrician...lol

Anyways pray for Alex, he has a pretty difficult job. Pray that God would keep him safe and bless him in all he does!


Here is another friend of mine at church, Elyssa and her mom ( mom is visiting from Nice, France....oh so nice! lol). Elyssa is an English teacher in the area and has been coming to our church for a while now, maybe 5 months...her mom though, a missionary from France for 29 years (!!!!) came to visit for the holidays. What a cool thing! Pray for their ministry of planting church in a truly spiritually dead country!


Then there is James (left) and my California buddy, Andrew! James is a friend that comes around every so often, mostly because he attends his fathers church in another part of Daejeon. Its vacation time so we see alot of people who we normally don't meet for a while ^^

Then Andrew, an English teacher from about 2.5 hours bus drive away (!!!), has been coming for a while now too. He has been faithful to help in leading worship on the cajon (box) with me on Sundays. Normally, since he comes so far,and stays late fir fellowship, he misses his bus home, so he crashes at my house every Sunday night. Good to have another friend close by. But he just changed jobs in Daejeon, so now he'll be even closer! No more long trips! Praise God!


Lastly, another Californian made their way to Daejeon. This is Carine (don't know how to spell!). She's been attending our fellowship for maybe 4 months. She's also an English teacher in our area! But one nice thing is that, since we have met and gotten to know each other, I have gained a new momma! lol I have had many Mexican momma's in the past...Karolina (Sosimo's mom), Zelda (Solomon and Israels mom), but now I can add one to the list! lol She said to me she thinks of me like a son...that's nice to know I am getting close to some people here at the church! I still have the bestest Mom in California, whom i haven't seen in almost 7 months ;( I miss u mom!


I hope that you spend time thinking about our ministry here, it's special a different because it's in Korea, but it is also the same as anywhere else in that people still need Jesus because they are hurting, weak, needing His touch, lonely, full of burdens, etc....there is a special need for laborers here in Korea ;) Pray God would provide those people!

2 comments:

Sosimo Strasburger Avila Jr said...

My mama's not Mexican(not even a drop) she is Costa Rican!:)! Looks like God is continuing to bless you Danny...keep going man, praying for you.

Mom said...

I miss you too honey!!! I have the bestest son in the world! XOXOXO