Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Blue House" Visit with my family....

Every month the Peace Village Orphanage has a planned event to go and spend time with families and some of the children, to show them a good and happy family....This past month of June we went to the Korean equivalent to the White House....The BLUE HOUSE! Cheong-wa-dae is the actual Korean name, but in English, they call it the Blue House. It is where the president of Korea lives....pretty cool experience!

Here is Nayeon and my kids....Eun-Suh and Ah-Yang....they are such cuties!
We call this kid Sammy.....or I do....but he wanted to shoot me with his umbrella...^^
We loaded on to the bus and headed for Seoul....it is a good 3 hours to Seoul from Daejeon....the kids doing a "Mae-rong" 메롱 its the sound of sticking out your tounge..."may rong" ^^
I caught Nayeon sleeping.....lol
So this is not the Blue House yet....but we parked here and got on a tour bus....the next blog will be about this place....the old King's Palace....stay tuned....
So we made it to the Blue House....but they reallllllly limited the amount of pictures you can take....they said I couldnt even take this photo....but I love you guys and am willing to go to prison for this photo....^^ jk...
This was inside the complex....the two trees in the middle there were really old trees....on the right, they said it about about 140 years old. Pretty cool....it looked like a Japanese bonsai tree...but really big! lol
Our "Happy Family"....the girls are always smiling, just shy for pictures I think....dont worry they weren't angry....
So we walked right in front of the Blue House.....and then looped around and were able to take photos....Reallly cool! We walked within about 100 feet of where the President of Korea lives. That would never happen in America, and I wonder why....gosh it is so much safer here....
SURPRISE! I actually got to meet the President of Korea! I even put "bunny ears" on him....lol
Here is a video that we took near the end of the tour....we had a good time....^^

No comments: