Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Salmon Bow Tie Pasta....

Well I had brought back some gifts for Nayeon's family since I came back from America. Nayeon's father asked me to bring back some "100% real cheese"...so I was a little creative (since bringing cheese might be hard with customs) and bought some Parmesan shaker cheese for pasta and pizza....I decided when I got back I make some of my family's famous Salmon Pasta.

He is Nayeon trying to figure out how to take pictures....so cute....she is saying "How do I do this" and then "Oh, I am stupid" "I cant find the 'OFF' button" then the english....^^ Good thing I am good with technology...
Went to the Korean markets to find some fresh salmon steaks, but had to search a little bit...I got lucky at E-mart with some big slices for about 22,000won ($18 equivalent....a bit expensive, but good because it fed a lot of people, with leftovers!)

So I got in the Choi family kitchen and went to work....capers, salmon, onions, garlic, and the most important....olive oil.....mmmm.....cant you taste it?!


HERE IS THE FINAL PRODUCT! Doesn't it look good? IT WAS! ^^


Here is some of Nayeon's family....that is her aunt and uncle on the left there, and also he little brother PyungMin in the long-sleeve blue shirt. I served up their dishes at the table (Korean style mind you, no chairs....just the good old floor....getting used to it now^^). Please pray for Nayeon's family. She is the only Christian, so you can understand the difficulties she has with them sometimes, especially dating a guy like me who works for a church! ^^ God is doing a good work though. Pray for us!

Here is me giving the "100% real cheese" to Nayeon's dad. You can see me pointing it out, trying to explain in my horrible Korean. :( He really liked it....especially because cheese it so expensive in Korea....their just isnt such a great selection....we are blessed in America....dont take it for granted!

Here is the whole family together....Starting on the left: Nayeon's dad, uncle, aunt, cousin, little brother, mom, and then Nayeon.

So you might be asking yourself....how did they like the food Daniel?! Well, let me just say it was a different style dish for them. Some enjoyed it, some not so much (that makes me only happier, more for me! ^^), AND SOME WITH KETCHUP AND TABASCO ON IT! lol ^^ Yes....Korean's are used to spicier or sweeter foods, not just oily and salty. Nayeon's dad grabbed the sauces and started going at it....It didnt bother me much....just glad the food went.

It was funny because when someone would finish, they would show me the bowl and tell me in Korean "Daniel, I am finished eating!" and then smile really big at me. ^^ So hilarious. It reminded me of when I was a kid....my big sister showing my family her plate saying...."Mommy, can I be done eating?!" I'm happy I got to serve them, and show them a little bit of my personality and love.

This was the main reason to get together...to root on the Korean team against Greece....and yes they did win! It was a good time hanging out with Nayeon's family. Please pray for opportunities to share and be an example of Jesus.

2 comments:

George Sedota said...

Looks just like your mamma's. Good stuff!

Lildota said...

Whoa Daniel...that looks yummy!! But sorry, KETCHUP AND TOBASCO??? But then again, I used to like Mac and cheese covered in ketchup. Great job! Love ya, Mom