Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gapcheon Picnic

The weather is so amazing in Korea now, with spring upon us....you have to get out and enjoy it....^^ Nayeon and I got a bunch of food together and cooked it at the river close by....smile Nayeon!
getting prepared for some sweet food....
Well we got some Sam-Gyup-Sal and tore it up! For those of you that know this meal, you can understand how blessed I was. Samgyupsal is pork that you cook here on the grill, and you put it inside your lettuce wrap, with some other red chili pepper side dishes, some salt and sesame oil, and then.....BOOOOM! Amazing flavors combined in your mouth for pure euphoria....lol I think I went a little overboard describing this one....now my mouth is watering...^^
One of my favorite things to do is to put KIMCHI on the grill also, when the pork is cooking....ahhh cha cha....if it is normally too spicy for the average person, it cools down the spicy flavor but brings out a more vinegar flavor. Love that vinegar....
There is the SANG-CHU lettuce wraps, the spicy red pepper side dish you put inside (forgot the name....sorry), and of course my favorite....SAM-JANG....a mixed paste of Red pepper paste and soybean paste....mmmm
After we ate, we decided to go and walk on the water....but how?!?!?!
lol....did you guys guess how it was possible to sit in the middle of a running river?! There is a stone path that cuts through it....its still kinda dangerous, because you have to walk stone to stone with gaps in between....well we enjoyed dipping our feet in the refreshing water...
I'm so happy I get to spend extra time with Nayeon on the weekends and do fun things like this! Love you Nayeon

No comments: